Creating a website is easier than before. Before 2010, creating a website was a complex affair. From coding in HTML and CSS to finding a host, making a website was a time-consuming and difficult process.
The early 2010s, however, brought the rise of website builders. Website builders or website building software are specialized tools that allow users to build websites with ease. Website builders are easier to use and provide a homogenous website-building experience with minimum coding required.
Website builders have evolved to the point that it is possible to create complete websites without ever needing to code a single line. The 2010s saw fierce competition between various website building software trying for the top spot.
This revolution in website building has helped many small businesses and individuals grow their online presence and turn into better businesses overall. Making a website begins with choosing the right website builder. However, businesses are spoilt for choice when it comes to options. There are so many website builders in the market that finding one that fits your business needs is quite difficult.
To help your business in choosing the right website builder, we have made a list of the 9 best website builder software for 2022. As we head into the 2020s these software will lead the charge for innovation and change in the website building process. Let us jump right into the list.
Appy Pie Website Builder
- Appy Pie’s website builder is the ‘new kid on the block.’ Launched in 2020, it leads the charge into the next generation of website building with its completely codeless interface and unique drag and drop editor design.
- Very Affordable
- The interface is completely codeless allowing you to create websites with ease
- Unique website templates
- Preset themes make it easy to design your website
- Analytics and SEO tools are included
- Allows you to convert websites to mobile apps
- The template library is still new and has a limited number of templates
- The interface has a proper learning curve
Squarespace is another popular choice for building websites. It is one of the easiest software to build a website. Squarespace allows you to design the most sophisticated websites and is popularly known for its award-winning templates.
- Award-winning templates and designs to choose from
- Intuitive interface that is easy-to-use
- New templates are added every day
- Built-in SEO tools are class-leading
- Very expensive for what it offers
- eCommerce websites have to pay a 3% transaction fee to Squarespace for every sale they make
- No free version
Wix is the top pick for the best website building software available. With its intuitive interface and exhaustive feature list, it takes the cake for the most versatile website building tool you can find.
- Drag and drop template-based design
- Over 200+ class-leading website templates
- Free trial available
- Provides a custom domain
- Templates once chosen can’t be changed later
- Overwhelming interface for beginners
- Customer support is a bit iffy
Weebly is a very safe choice for the website builder. One of the oldest around, Weebly is an all-in-one website platform suited both to beginners and advanced users.
- Excellent dashboard design that is a joy to use
- Website design can be changed whenever you want
- Custom popup creator
- HTML and CSS can be manipulated
- Cheap plans are very limited
- Limited features compared to the competition
- Templates are a bit lackluster
Powering nearly a quarter of the world’s websites, WordPress is a popular CRM tool that also offers a website builder. WordPress is considered the best website builder for blogging.
Here are its pros and cons:
- Free version available
- Editable website templates
- Regularly gets an update thanks to an active community
- Best blog modules and templates in the market
- Some website templates are poorly optimized
- Free versions lack customer support
Webflow is one of the most professional website designing tools available. Its popularity among professionals speaks about how good the software really is. It boasts as the best website customization tool among every software listed here.
- Give you more control over your design than any other website builder
- The most effective tool for client reseller businesses
- 100+ templates to choose from
- Not easy-to-use
- Meant for professional web designers
- Improper customer support
Shopify is a purpose-built website builder. This software is suited for users looking to build an eCommerce website. Over half a million websites use Shopify’s builder to power their eCommerce needs.
- All-in-one builder includes everything your website needs
- Comes integrated with Shopify payments making eCommerce easier
- The best eCommerce website builder
- Specialized tools like inventory management make it even better
- Pricey for a limited budget website building user.
- Migrating to a new website building platform is difficult if your original website is created with Shopify.
Duda is another specialized website building platform. This website builder is suited for users looking to create a multilingual website. Duda helps create websites that reach out to a larger customer base or a customer base spread around the world.
- Tools within the builder help in making great multilingual websites
- Easy to use drag-n-drop interface makes it a breeze
- Backup and Restore options ensure that none of your website data is lost
- InBuilt SEO tools are a bit rudimentary compared to the other builders
- Builder is a little expensive compared to the competitors
Constant Contact is the fastest way to build a website for your business. It is an AI-based tool that recommends a website design and features based on the type of your business and requirements. It is a very budget-friendly website builder option.
- A visual builder that shows exactly how your website will look while building
- AI-based module recommends great website designs based on your use case
- Offers over 500,000+ free images to add to your website
- Have a good mix of SEO and content tools
- Designs are a bit outdated
- Offers no themes to add to your website
- Customizability is limited
- Suited to users looking to create a basic website
Almost every website builder mentioned in this blog has a potential alternative. For example, WooCommerce is a good alternative to Shopify. However, this list includes the best website builders available online.
Which website builder to use- is your decision to make. We recommend you to try each website builder and then make a choice based on what suits your needs best. If we had to choose the top three:
- Wix – Best overall builder
- Shopify – Best for eCommerce
- Appy Pie Website Builder – Best no code website builder
Good luck with creating your new website!