Website loading speed is one of the ranking factors search engines use to evaluate the quality of a website and determine its position in the search engine results pages (SERPs). Also, it affects the time users may spend on your website and their perception of your brand.
If your website doesn’t load fast enough, users will most likely leave your site for others with a smoother experience. According to Portent, a good website loads between one to four seconds. Otherwise, it’ll not lead to a higher conversion rate.
Whether your goal is to generate or convert leads, every second matters. For this reason, it’s vital to use a reliable and fast WordPress theme to ensure fast loading speeds and boost your sales and marketing efforts.
In this roundup, you’ll discover some of the fastest WordPress themes you can use for your WordPress-built website. These are tested using different website speed testers, including Webpage Test, GTMetrix, Pingdom, and HTTP requests.
Astra is one of the most popular WordPress themes you can use. It’s designed to be independent of jQuery, a common cause of loading speed delays. Also, it allows you to select the module you want for your website so that you may edit all your content effectively.
Here are Astra’s speed results:
- Webpage Test: 59 to 61 milliseconds (ms)
- GTMetrix: 1.3 seconds
- Pingdom: 531 ms
- HTTP Requests: 63
Moreover, Astra offers a free and premium version. The price starts at USD$49 per year, depending on the features you want to avail of. Of course, the higher the price, the better the features. That said, here are some features Astra may provide you:
- Integration with other website builders, such as Gutenberg and Elementor
- Functional hooks and filters
- Themes are translatable to multiple languages
- Layout settings enable you to adjust headers, sidebars, and single-page layouts effectively
Furthermore, Astra allows you to see how your page is edited in real-time. In this way, you’ll be able to see how your creativity unfolds with your two eyes.
GeneratePress is carefully designed and optimized with website loading speed as its top priority. It’s versatile, lightweight, and boasts the ability to integrate with other website builders.
Here are GeneratePress’s speed results:
- Webpage Test: 1.435 seconds
- GTMetrix: 688 ms
- Pingdom: 559 ms
- HTTP Requests: 14
In addition, GeneratePress has a significant number of followers. If you want to give it a try, you may apply for a free trial, and if you like using it, you may upgrade it to premium to enjoy unlimited access to smart features. The premium price starts at USD$59 yearly.
Here are some features that may convince you to try this theme on:
- Compatibility with different WordPress plugins, such as WooCommerce, bbPress, page builders, and others
- Extensive and functional hooks and filters
- Themes can be translated into over 20 different languages
- Advanced blogging features, such as extensive image adjustments, infinite scrolling, and controlled columns
Schema is known for its fast website loading speed. It’s designed to be one of the fastest WordPress themes you might want to consider. Also, it has a professional design that only requires a couple of HTTP requests.
Here are Schema’s speed results:
- Webpage Test: 1.534 seconds
- GTMetrix: 5.7 seconds
- Pingdom: 472 ms
- HTTP Requests: 38
Schema also offers a free version and premium themes, which start at USD$49 per year with one year of unlimited support and continuous updates. Also, it has a money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with its services.
Here are some features Schema has to offer:
- Works effectively with other website builders, such as Elementor and Gutenberg
- Compatibility with a wide range of plugins
- Optimized for SEO purposes
- Compatibility with WooCommerce
Furthermore, Schema supports a child theme and is translation-ready for different languages.
Neve is one of the fastest and easiest to manage WordPress themes in a wide range of server resources. Also, it’s designed for an optimum speed, particularly on mobile devices, giving an extra boost to your SEO efforts.
Here are Neve’s speed results:
- Webpage Test: 1.994 seconds
- GTMetrix: 1000 ms
- Pingdom: 586 ms
- HTTP Requests: 60
On top of that, Neve’s ability to pair up with eCommerce platforms, such as WooCommerce, is worth mentioning since not all WordPress themes can do this smoothly. Also, it can still load reliably and reasonably fast even if your website contains complicated images, texts, effects, and other animations.
When it comes to pricing, Neve offers downloadable free themes, and its premium plans start at USD$49. The paid plans offer extra features, such as blog boost, unlimited website updates and support, and personalized layouts. Here are other features you might want to know:
- It helps mobile-friendly WordPress sites to load more.
- Integration with popular website builders
- Small file size for an incredibly lightweight theme
- It has personalized demos that may help you create a website in minutes.
Overall, Neve is easy to use and flexible, perfect for first-time website builders looking for effective and efficient performance.
Zakra is a fast and multi-functional WordPress theme you can use to build any website you want. It can produce optimum loading speed that may help you maximize and boost your conversion rates. Also, it’s incredibly responsive and built with AMP technology, allowing the website to work as efficiently as possible on both mobile and desktop devices.
Here are Zakra’s speed results:
- Webpage Test: 2.403 seconds
- GTMetrix: 661 ms
- Pingdom: 519 ms
- HTTP Requests: 24
Like every WordPress theme, Zakra offers a free version, and its premium theme starts at USD$69 annually. Also, Zakra may offer a monthly plan. You may chat or email them if you’re interested in their monthly deals.
Here are some features Zakra offers:
- It’s reliable and perfect for small businesses.
- It has a massive library of demos you can view.
- Integration with other website builders, such as Gutenberg and Elementor
- It’s mobile-friendly and perfect for boosting your SEO efforts.
- It has flexible sidebars.
- Hundreds of beautiful typographies to choose from
Furthermore, Zakra offers eCommerce demos and starter sites, perfect for those who want to start an online selling journey – not to mention its compatibility with WooCommerce and other eCommerce plugins.
Customify is another fast and reliable WordPress theme you may consider, primarily due to its excellent test results. Also, it has a wide range of settings that allow you to change, modify, and personalize every element of your website.
In addition, it’s optimized and lightweight, enabling it to perform incredibly fast. At the same time, it has customizable elements, such as header builders, integration with other website builders, and footer builders.
Here are Customify’s speed results:
- Webpage Test: N/A
- GTMetrix: 617 ms
- Pingdom: 974 ms
- HTTP Requests: 8
When it comes to pricing, Customify’s premium version starts at USD$69 annually. Other than that, it has a Business Bundle worth USD$89 annually and Agency Bundle worth USD$129 annually. Of course, the higher the price, the better the features. Also, it offers a free version for those who might want to try.
Here are other notable features Customify offers:
- It’s a multi-purpose theme designed for any website.
- Integration with essential plugins, such as Yoast and bbPress
- Improves SEO effectively with its lightweight size
- Adjustable headers, custom menus, and columns
- It allows you to edit the mobile site without altering the desktop version.
- Functional infinity scroll features
Therefore, if you want a customizable website, this WordPress theme may be your best option.
Website loading speed is a crucial factor search engines consider to determine the rank of your platform. So, it’s best to build a website that can load appropriately between one to four seconds.
If you’re using WordPress to build your website, you may consider the following themes discussed above to optimize your site’s page speed, especially when it comes to SEO.
Indeed, it can be challenging to choose which one to grab, considering every feature is essentially helpful to improve your website’s SEO ranking and provide a satisfying user experience. With that, analyze their features carefully and identify which of them will help you reach your goals.