Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create a page in WordPress:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard. To do this, go to your website’s URL and add “/wp-admin” at the end. For example, if your website’s URL is www.mywebsite.com, go to www.mywebsite.com/wp-admin.
- Once you’ve logged in, navigate to the “Pages” section in the left-hand menu.
- Click on the “Add New” button at the top of the page. This will take you to the WordPress editor, where you can create a new page.
- Enter a title for your page in the field at the top of the editor.
- Next, add the content for your page. To add text, simply click on the text area and start typing. To add images or other media, use the toolbar to add new blocks. To add a new block, click on the “+” icon in the top left corner of the editor.
- If you want to format your text or add links, you can do so using the formatting toolbar at the top of the editor.
- If you want to customize the page layout, you can do so using page templates. Page templates are pre-designed layouts that can be applied to your page to give it a specific look and feel. To select a page template, look for the “Page Attributes” section in the right-hand menu.
- If you want to set a featured image for your page, you can do so in the right-hand menu under “Featured Image.” This image will be used as the thumbnail for your page and will appear on the homepage and other areas of your website.
- Once you’ve finished creating your page, click on the “Publish” button in the right-hand menu. If you’re not ready to publish your page yet, you can save it as a draft and come back to it later.
- If you want to schedule your page to be published at a later date, you can do so by clicking on the “Edit” link next to “Publish immediately” and selecting the date and time you want the page to be published.
- Once you’ve published your page, you can view it on your website by clicking on the “View Page” button at the top of the editor.
And that’s it! Creating a page in WordPress is easy and straightforward.