GreenGeeks was offered as a hosting provider with two things in mind: 100% customer satisfaction and a 99.9% uptime. A lot of people doubted that they’d be able to make good on these promises, but so far they’ve come pretty darned close. With amazing uptime and load speeds, along with awesome customer support, GreenGeeks is a solid choice when it comes to web hosting. This is our GreenGeeks Review.
Overall, we would recommend GreenGeeks for anyone, especially beginners who don’t anticipate super high traffic.
Note: All these parameters are judged from comparison to hosting services such as GoDaddy, Bluehost, One.com, Dreamhost, SiteGround and HostGator…
Use our link & visit GreenGeeks through us to get additional offers & exclusive deals
GreenGeeks Pros & Cons
|Superior Uptime and Speed|
|24/7 customer service|
|Easy to use for beginners|
|Free domain name and migration|
|30 days money back guarantee|
|Expertly trained support staff|
|Good Server Uptime|
|Live Support and Chat|
|Refund Policy is complicated|
GreenGeeks Review Comparison Ranking – 9.81 out of 10
When GreenGeeks first came on the market, they promised their customers two things – amazing uptime and committed customer service. If you are looking for a web hosting company that offers security, speed, and customer satisfaction, GreenGeeks may be the provider for you. As far as pricing is concerned, it is competitive with the major players, but, like many of them, their prices are advertised one way and it turns out different in real life. Still, you can technically sign up for their services for less than $4 per month. Here is how GreenGeeks stacks up against competitors like GoDaddy.com and HostGator.
Here is GreenGeeks at a glance
|Do they have chat support?||Yes. However, it may be outsourced.|
|Do they have WordPress one-click install?||Yes|
|Is there a money-back guarantee?||Yes. GreenGeeks offers a 30-day money back guarantee.|
|How does GreenGeeks’ price compare to competitors?||GreenGeeks is competitive with the bigger companies when it comes to pricing. They offer a lower price for multi-year subscriptions.|
|Are there automatic backups?||Yes.|
|What is the standard monthly fee?||The cheapest package is $3.96 per month. However, if you forego the 3-year plan, it is $9.95 per month.|
|Do they offer a free SSL certificate?||Yes|
|How do the servers stand up to their competition?||GreenGeeks prides itself on its speed.|
|What is the level of customer service?||GreenGeeks does offer 24/7 customer support. Responses are quick, although some may be outsourced and include broken English.|
|What kind of website is this hosting service ideal for?||This hosting service is ideal for any company or individual. People who care about the environment may find this provider more suitable than others.|
GreenGeeks Hosting Plans
Like most other hosting companies, GreenGeeks offers different levels of hosting plans. Each one is offered at a special price; however, keep in mind these prices are based on signing up for a multi-year subscription. We will list the original price and the discounted price here for your information along with the features that come with each hosting plan.
|EcoSite Starter||SSD Disk Space – Unlimited |
Bandwidth – Unlimited
Hosted Domains – Unlimited
100 Emails per hour
|$9.95 per month with an introductory price of $3.95|
|EcoSite Pro||All Features of EcoSite Starter
300 Emails per Hour
|$14.95 per month with a discounted price of $6.95 per month.|
|EcoSite Premium||All Features of EcoSite Pro
500 Emails per Hour
|$24.95 per month with an introductory price of $16.95|
GreenGeeks is comparable to other major hosting providers when it comes to price. They do what most companies do and offer a standard price and a “special” price. In order to qualify for the low introductory price, you do have to sign up for a multi-year subscription. The plans do come with a 30-day money back guarantee, although several customers have complained that the money-back guarantee is not easy to claim.
The introductory GreenGeeks prices are as follows:
|Plan Type||Per month (starts from)|
GreenGeeks WordPress Hosting
GreenGeeks offers fully supported WordPress hosting. Here are some of the features of GreenGeeks when it comes to WordPress.
- 1-Click WordPress Install – You can automatically install WordPress on your computer with just a click of your mouse.
- Automatic Updates – GreenGeeks will automatically update your WordPress install to make sure that your WordPress is secure.
- Daily backups – GreenGeeks performs daily backups to ensure that your information is retained and secure in case of any technical issues. Backups are completed every 24 hours automatically.
- Advanced Security – GreenGeeks keeps your WordPress site secure with custom security rules and zero-tolerance vulnerability fixes.
- Top Tier Performance – GreenGeeks offers the latest in technology such as PHP 7, SSD, CDN, and more to ensure that your WordPress runs super-fast.
- 24/7 Support – One of the cornerstones of GreenGeeks is their customer service. They have WordPress experts on hand 24/7 to answer any questions you may have. They will help you solve issues, usually within minutes.
When Trey Gardner started GreenGeeks, his main concerns were delivering speed with superior customer service while still being environmentally aware and proactive. He has managed to do all three! GreenGeeks offers 24/7 customer support, with experts trained on WordPress and in hosting to ensure they can help you solve any issues you may encounter on your site.
The agents who work for GreenGeeks appear to be outsourced. Customers sometimes experience slight language issues when dealing with the customer support agents. However, the solutions are delivered quickly and are right on target. If you don’t want to wait to talk with a customer service agent, GreenGeeks has provided answers to most basic questions right online so customers can review the answers to their questions themselves if they prefer.
There is a search bar where customers can type in whatever problems they’re encountering. The solution (for most issues) will pop up on the screen with detailed instructions on how to correct the problem. If you prefer to speak with an agent, there are customer support agents available via live chat 24 hours a day.
GreenGeeks also offers a ticket system for support issues. This allows you to track your issues and receive notifications of the progress of your tickets. One great thing about the ticket center is that you can save the responses in case you run into similar issues in the future.
Who Owns GreenGeeks?
The CEO of GreenGeeks, and the company’s founder, is Trey Gardner. Gardner has helped build 8 different web hosting companies including iPowerweb, iPage, StartLogic, Dot5Hosting, Globat, Lunarpages, and HostPapa.
Ten years ago, Trey decided that he wanted to start his own web hosting company, and the concept for GreenGeeks was born. He wanted to provide his customers with fast and secure hosting while, at the same time, being kind to the environment. GreenGeeks provides 3 times as many wind energy credits as the energy your computer will use running your website.
GreenGeeks now has over 40 years of experience amongst their leaders, and they pride themselves on offering speed, security, and superior customer support. They hire experts in the industry and make a real effort to help their customers with any issues they may encounter.
The introductory plans offered by GreenGeeks are very reasonable. They start as low as $9.95 per month. However, if you want to save even more, you can go online and grab coupon codes offered by the provider. If you use a link from this or other websites with discount codes , you will find a coupon for 60% off the monthly rate for the EcoSite Starter plan. This makes it only $3.95 a month for the first level hosting plan. Take note – this rate only applies for customers who sign up for the multi-year membership. If you prefer to pay by the month, the rate is $9.95, which is still low.
GreenGeeks Pros and Cons explained
GreenGeeks is not perfect. Just like every other hosting provider, it has its pros and cons.
- Quick Uptime – When Trey Gardner first started GreenGeeks, his goal was 99.9% uptime. This is a very high bar to reach. To date, he has managed an uptime of 99.92. The industry standard is 99.94 so GreenGeeks is right up there with the other big players in the industry.
- 24/7 customer service – GreenGeeks also prides itself on its superior customer support. They offer a live chat feature 24 hours a day. They also offer help by email, telephone, or their ticket center. Customers report very quick responses. GreenGeeks also offers a very detailed and user-friendly self-help section online. It covers most topics you could possibly need.
- Good Load Time – GreenGeeks promises good load times, and they do deliver in spades. GreenGeeks averaged about 600ms, which is more than 50% faster than their competition.
- Free domain and migration – GreenGeeks offers free domain registration and transfer. If you get your domain name through them, you’ll keep it for free as long as you use their services. If you have a domain elsewhere, they will help you transfer the domain free of charge.
- Environmentally Friendly – GreenGeeks is a recognized Green Power Partner with the United States EPA. GreenGeeks replaces 300% of the energy your website uses by buying 3 times the amount of wind energy credits to make up for the energy used by their customers. In the almost 10 years they have been in business, they have purchased over 615,000 kilowatts per. This is really impressive, and it is in line with Trey Gardner’s mission to stay environmentally friendly.
- Free Domain and Migration
- Superior speed and performance
- Unlimited storage
- Environmentally Friendly
- Expertly trained support staff
- Low Introductory Prices
- Live Support and Chat
- Free SSL Certificates
- 30-Day money back guarantee
- One-Click WordPress install
- Trusted Security
- Pricing – The standard pricing for GreenGeeks different hosting plans are comparable to or less expensive than other providers. They offer their introductory prices at up to 60% off the regular price. In order to get the discount, however, you do have to commit to a three (3) year service plan. If you cancel the plan before the three years are up, you may be responsible for the difference in savings. But, if you do take advantage of their discounted pricing, you will find they are cheaper than most other plans out there. Their EcoSite Starter Plan starts as low as $3.95 per month. Their middle hosting plan, the EcoSite Pro, is just $6.95 per month. And, their premium level, EcoSite Premium, is offered at the discounted rate of $16.95 per month. This is a lot cheaper than most other larger hosting providers.
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee is Questionable – Customers have reported some frustration when it comes to the 30-day money back guarantee. The way GreenGeeks works is they offer you a free domain when you sign up for their services. If you don’t create the domain when you create your new account with GreenGeeks, it could cost you anywhere from $3.00 to $9.99 for the year. If you then decide to take advantage of the 30-day money back guarantee, GreenGeeks will deduct $24.95 for the free domain name you were given. So, is it really a 30-day money back guarantee? It may sound unfair, but they are no different than most other web hosting providers who build the same language into their contracts.
Why Use GreenGeeks?
If you are looking for a fast and reliable web hosting provider, GreenGeeks may be the best fit for you. Since it was created and is owned by Trey Gardner, one of the leading names in web hosting providers, you can trust that you will have access to the most knowledgeable customer service agents around. The customer support is top notch. They offer over 99.9% uptime and great load speeds. You have the peace of mind of a 30-day money back guarantee, so if at any time you’re not happy with your service, you can cancel your plan.
Use our link & visit GreenGeeks through us to get additional offers & exclusive deals