With the development and wide utilization of Internet services, more and more people have started thinking about how to protect them on the web. Undoubtedly, this matter requires thorough analysis, especially when it comes to such sensitive data as bank card details, personal information, as well as data related to your friends and relatives.
Moreover, every traveler has at least once visited one of the countries that have got certain restrictions on web resources and even apps that can be used. To solve both these issues, one may install a VPN for Qatar or China, as well as consider the below top suggestions to find the service that will meet all of his/her expectations.
Nowadays, this service is also known as HMA. This USA-based provider is widely popular among hundreds of thousands of people across the globe. Thanks to it, there is great feasibility to get access to resources that are blocked for certain reasons in certain geographical regions. Some may dislike that HMA saves stores some connection logs. However, it is important to know that these are not usage logs. Besides, they are stored for only 30 days. Then they are deleted. Here are important data on the provider:
- HMA has got over a thousand servers in around 190 countries, thus, a user has the possibility to gain access to blocked resources and content.
- Its OpenVPN encryption that has got a military-grade will ensure that neither government nor intruders will have the possibility to track your web activities.
- The software is compatible with all the platforms, besides, users mention that they have got no difficulties in utilizing it.
- Version 5 that has been released in 2021 improves the protection of privacy, as well as some supplementary features, have been added for security purposes.
- One may connect up to five devices to one account.
- The pricing on services is more than fair.
The provider utilizes 256-bit AES encryption and OpenVPN tunneling protocol, thus, it ensures a high level of protection to its users. It is one of the fastest and Netflix friendly VPNs that also supports P2P torrenting. Lots of tests have been conducted to identify the speed of this service. The connection to almost every server makes it possible to stream Netflix proving that the speed of this provider is impressive.
It does not collect any logs. It is important to know that NordVPN is operated in Panama where there is no data retention legislation in force. Every user, even those who are new on the Internet, can easily install and utilize this service. A couple of easy steps and you can enjoy the safe and fast connection with the Net. The most significant features:
- NordVPN has got more than 5,300 servers across 59 countries. The provider will automatically identify which server is better for a certain user based on his/her location, load, etc.
- Fair pricing, especially taking into account the speed and security characteristics.
- Additional CyberSec feature that will get rid of annoying malware, ads, phishing, etc.
- It provides additional features, like a unique IP for a certain user and many more, so that to ensure the most well-protected and trouble-free Internet experience.
3. ZenMate VPN
This provider has been recognized as one of the simplest to use. The interface of the service, just like the website, is easy to understand. No unnecessary information will distract a person from understanding what this VPN is about:
- Low pricing and the possibility to try the service free of charge for 7 days;
- Servers are in more than 72 countries, not all of them enable torrenting, though;
- Built-in protection against DNS leak and kill switch;
- It works with Mac, iOS, Windows, Android and offers browser extensions for Mozilla, Chrome, and Android;
- Up to five devices can be connected at the same time under the terms of one plan.
As for the speed, ZenMate has shown quite high results. If a user has got a medium-speed Internet connection, likely, he/she will not even notice the presence of ZenMate. Unfortunately, the time to connect to a server varies between 15 and 20 seconds. Those who make use of just one server won’t be disappointed with this delay. However, if you need to change servers often, this may become a pitfall of effective work.
4. CyberGhost VPN
The provider will unblock Netflix and iPlayer, as well as provide highly-rated live chat customer support. CyberGhost is based in Germany and Romania and has got around 10 million users across the continents. There are more than seven thousand servers in more than 90 countries. There are custom clients for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and other platforms, though, some claim that mobile versions are not at the desired level. However, this does not mean that it is inferior to the above providers. CyberGhost possesses many great features:
- One may connect up to seven devices to be used simultaneously;
- It blocks ads, trackers, and malicious sites;
- HTTPS redirection is automatic ensuring the safest connection;
- The compression of data is optimal reducing bandwidth being a great benefit for mobile use;
- The number of servers and countries is permanently growing;
- Possibility to pay through PayPal and with Bitcoin.
It is worth knowing that CyberGhost will not monitor, record, log or store any data related to a user’s activity on the Internet, as well as info that may show the relation to an IP address of a certain user.
If you want to utilize a VPN for a TV or any other device aside from a PC, be sure that ExpressVPN has got software compatible with it. It is compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux and any other platform, plus it works with custom firmware for many routers, as well as there are detailed manual setup guides for Apple and Fire TV, PlayStation, Chromebooks, Kindle Fire, etc.
Besides, it utilizes its own DNS servers, while the technologies of encryption ensure the utmost protection against the most advanced intruders. One may also utilize the system of split tunneling. It allows tracking which of the applications use VPN and identifying if this reduces the speed of these apps. In such a way, one may opt for apps to be connected through a VPN and apps to be connected directly avoiding the intermediate.
- The number of servers has surpassed 3,000, they are spread around 160 cities. Mostly, these are the European and US cities, though the regions of Asia are also decently covered.
- The plans are, however, a bit above the market average, though, users know what they are paying for.
This is a Canadian-based provider that has appeared not such a long time ago. For now, it has got around 900 thousand million users. Quite impressive for a newbie, isn’t it? What is the reason for this?
- It is compatible with hardly any device, while an app has been acknowledged as easy and user-friendly.
- It allows torrenting, though with some limits.
- Windscribe has got a standard tunneling protocol of OpenVPN with the encryption of 256-bit AES.
- It doesn’t keep any logs or any other sensitive data that may be connected to a certain user.
- Windscribe will unblock Netflix so that users could enjoy their favorite shows. However, be ready that not all the servers can get access to Netflix.
- Officially, there are almost 500 servers in more than 50 countries. These figures are not as impressive as of the other providers above, though.
What is more, users complain that the speed drops down with this provider. Choosing this particular service or not depends on the main intentions of why you want to use a VPN in general. If you need it for Netflix, then go for it.
Why Use a VPN App
Aside from the above reasons, which are the protection of sensitive information and elimination of governmental restrictions, every person should understand that every Internet-connected device, be it a smart TV, fridge or even alarm system, intruders may intercept the signal and harm the owner. Thus, it makes sense to protect with a VPN not only your mobile device but also the router that connects every gadget with the Net.
The web has become the source of endless information streams, while intruders and criminals have found the feasibility to profit from naive users. The above review of the top six providers may come in handy. However, it makes sense to carefully study the official websites of these providers. To protect oneself from the dangers, think of the most necessary functions and features a VPN should have, choose and subscribe. The more you wait and doubt, the more chances criminals have got to harm you.