If you’re looking for a web hosting company that specializes in supporting WordPress, WP Engine may be the company for you. WP Engine is the very best web host for people with WordPress sites, providing fully managed WordPress hosting. It is designed for speed. Because of the pricing, it is really more geared toward businesses rather than individuals. It is not really the best economical fit for the casual user or hobbyist. It prides itself on its speed and security. This review will go over the main features of WP Engine and give you some honest pros and cons to the hosting company.
WP Engine prides itself on speed and security. If your company runs off a WordPress site, there really is no better hosting plan for you. It is competitive with the major hosting providers in all areas other than pricing. Pricing for their start-up plan is manageable at $35 per month, but there are hosting providers out there for less than $5 per month. Once you get into the higher plans with WP Engine, the pricing gets a bit steep for some.
Note: All these parameters are judged from comparison to hosting services such as GoDaddy, Bluehost, One.com, Dreamhost, SiteGround and HostGator…
Overall, we would recommend Wp Engine for anyone, especially more experienced users & users who anticipate a high amount of traffic.
Use our link & visit Wp Engine through us to get additional offers & exclusive deals
Wp Engine Pros & Cons
|Easy to use for beginners|
|24/7 customer service|
|Expert WordPress customer service|
|WordPress specialized hosting|
|Free SSL Certificate|
|Great value for money|
|100% WordPress Optimization|
|60-Day money back guarantee|
|The cheapest price plans are expensive|
|Ticket center responses can be slow|
|Managed WordPress hosting only|
Wp Engine Server Loading Time
|Reporting Site||Average Page loading time|
|Down.com||192 ms (last six months)|
|Pingdom.com||318 ms (last six months)|
Wp Engine Server Uptime
|Down.com||99.98% (last six months)|
Here is WP Engine at a glance
|Do they have chat support?||Yes. They offer customer support through phone, their ticket center, or chat.|
|Do they have WordPress one-click install?||Yes|
|Is there a money-back guarantee?||Yes. WP Engine offers a 60-day money back guarantee.|
|How does WP Engine match up with its price?||WP Engine is a bit pricier than most hosting companies. You are paying a premium for speed and convenience.|
|Are there automatic backups?||Yes.|
|What is the standard monthly fee?||The cheapest package is $35 per month.|
|Do they offer a free SSL certificate?||Yes|
|How do the servers stand up to their competition?||WP Engine is faster than most of their competitors.|
|What is the level of customer service?||WP Engine does offer 24/7 customer support. However, sometimes the ticket response time is slow.|
|What kind of website is this hosting service ideal for?||This hosting service is ideal for any WordPress website. It is not a good fit for individuals or hobbyists.|
WP Engine Hosting Plans
WP Engine offers several different hosting plans. They all offer the superior speed and security WordPress users are looking for. There are three standard plans and you can even get a plan customized for your needs if you want. You’ll notice that the plans are designed to meet customer growth. They all offer unique features and accommodate different levels of traffic and disk space. Here is a breakdown of the hosting plans available with WP Engine. Unlike most hosting companies that offer unlimited visitors, WP Engine’s plans are specifically designed with traffic in mind. Rather than base their plans on just disk space or bandwidth, they offer plans based on traffic and the number of visitors.
If you don’t see a plan that meets your specific business needs, WP Engine will custom design a plan for you. Just keep in mind there is no set pricing for a custom plan. You will be presented with a quote once the plan is designed for you.
WP Engine Pricing
WP Engine is a bit pricier than most other hosting providers. Because they are intended to be used by companies as opposed to individuals, this makes sense. They do have a start-up plan that is only $35 per month. WP Engine also offers a 50% coupon for new members, so it’s really only $17.50 a month for the start-up plan.The company does offer a 60-day money back guarantee which is twice as long as other hosting providers.
The introductory WP Engine prices are as follows:
|Plan Type||Per month|
|Start-up||$35 ($17.50 with coupon)|
|Custom||Quote provided upon request|
Compared to other web hosting companies, WP Engine pricing is a bit higher. It isn’t as cheap as some, but if your site runs on WordPress, this is the most compatible hosting provider available.
WP Engine WordPress Hosting
WP Engine offers many features that make it the ideal provider for companies that run on WordPress. Here are some of the features that make WP Engine the ideal plan for businesses of all sizes:
- WordPress Experts – The customer support line and the ticket center are handled by people who are experts at WordPress. They can either resolve issues on the back-end or talk you through whatever problems you are encountering.
- WordPress – Everyone who manages a website or blog knows that WordPress is one of the most popular site programs out there. You can install WordPress with just one click. The experts at WP Engine will take care of the technical side of things.
- Google Analytics – As a WP Engine customer, you can access WordPress-optimized Google analytics. This allows you to see where all your site visitors are coming from which can help you with target marketing. It also lets you see where you need to focus your resources.
- EverCache – WP Engine is designed specifically for WordPress hosting. This means that its architecture is built using EverCache. This is probably the best scalable system that exists for caching WordPress. The benefit of this is that your site can handle spikes in traffic without running into speed or performance issues.
The best thing about WP Engine customer service is that all of their agents are specially trained in WordPress. You won’t run into a chat agent or ticket center agent who doesn’t understand how the program works. They won’t have to outsource or refer tickets to other agents who can address the issue.
WP Engine has customer support agents available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It doesn’t matter what time of day it is, if you’re experiencing trouble with your site, you can submit a ticket. You will get immediate response if you reach out via chat or phone. Ticket response time may be a little slower.
The other great thing about WP Engine’s customer support team is that they can actually identify problems before you do! They can identify when your site is running into a roadblock and correct the issue before it becomes a problem for you. Very few hosting providers can say the same thing.
WP Engine is Ideal for Companies that Operate their Site on WordPress
WP Engine is the perfect hosting provider for people whose websites run on WordPress. They have expert WordPress developers serving in their tech support department. They offer WordPress optimized hosting for all businesses, regardless of size.
Because the experts at WP Engine are proficient in WordPress, all you have to do is install the program with one click. The developers behind the scene will take care of all the technical stuff for you. You don’t have to worry about updates, installs, plug-ins, or security patches. This is all taken care of for you. It is very convenient.
Because all of this is done on the back-end, businesses can focus on increasing their profits and running their business. You don’t have to worry about updating software or solving technical issues. If you do run into any issues, you just have to contact customer support and they will run diagnostics for you for free.
WP Engine Coupon
The start-up plan with WP Engine is normally $35 per month. They offer a 50% coupon for new users. All you have to do is go on their site. When you sign up, they will automatically offer the choice of the coupon for the start-up plan for your first three months. This cuts the price down to $17.50 a month for your first three months. And, remember, there is a 60-day money back guarantee. If you’re not happy with their service, you can get your money back. Just contact them within the first 60 days and you will get a full refund.
WP Engine Pros and Cons explained
WP Engine is not perfect. Just like every other hosting provider, it has its pros and cons.
- Site speed and security – WP Engine prides itself on its speed and security. Because it is based on site traffic, you don’t have to worry about high traffic affecting your speed or performance. You can run a performance test on your website to see where it is experiencing caching delays. WP Engine will give you a performance score so you can see how you can optimize your performance.
- 24/7 customer service – There is never a time when there isn’t any help available. WP Engine has agents available to help you at all times, day or night. They understand that your site will receive a lot more traffic than a storefront. People are online all night and from all parts of the world. WP Engine is always there for you, no matter what day or time.
- Expert WordPress customer service agents – You will only deal with experienced customer service agents who are fully trained on WordPress. WP Engine only uses WordPress experts to help diagnose and remedy your technical and performance issues.
- Free SSL Certificate – If you have an eCommerce site, then you need an SSL certificate. Your customers are going to want to know that their information is secure when dealing with you. An SSL Certificate gives them this peace of mind.
- User Friendly
- Unlimited storage
- 100% WordPress Optimization
- Expertly trained support staff
- Live Support and Chat
- 60-Day money back guarantee
- One-Click install
- Much more expensive than other hosting providers – There’s no denying that WP Engine pricing is much higher than other hosting providers. You are paying for convenience and expertise. Their introductory rate is not too bad though. You can take advantage of the coupon offered and get a 50% discount on your first 3 months. And, if you aren’t happy with their service, you do get a 60-day money back guarantee.
- Ticket center responses take longer than what is ideal – If you don’t take advantage of the chat feature, you may wait longer than you’d like for a response. If you use the ticket center, it can take hours to get a response, especially if your problem is complex. You may be better off making a phone call to customer support or relying on the chat feature.
- Managed WordPress only – WP Engine is only intended for companies whose sites run on WordPress. If this isn’t you, then don’t sign up for WP Engine. You may be better off with one of the other major web hosting providers.
Why Use WP Engine?
WP Engine is perfect if your company runs its site on WordPress. It’s almost like you’re getting your own WordPress guru for as little as $17.50 per month. All you really have to do is install the program and build your site. You can manage your site traffic and modify your hosting plan as you grow. For larger companies with more resources, you can customize your hosting plan to meet every one of your business needs. The speed and security are top notch so you will have peace of mind that your site is running at optimum performance.
Use our link & visit Wp Engine through us to get additional offers & exclusive deals