This article explains of how you upgrade from using one of our free themes, to one of our premium themes. We will also be covering how you can install it if you haven’t been using one of our free themes – lastly we will cover common errors & troubleshooting.
Upgrading From Free To Premium
If you have been using one of our free themes, and are upgrading to the premium version, you will need to delete the free version of the theme before you can install the premium one.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance -> Themes.
- Activate an un-used theme, such as Twentyseventeen.
- Click on the free version of the theme theme and then click “Delete” button in the right bottom corner (You might have to scroll down).
- Download the premium version by logging into our website.
- Go back to the WordPress dashboard and click the “Add New” button at the top.
- Click “Upload Theme”.
- Click “Choose File”.
- Choose new version of of the theme you have downloaded from our website.
- Let it install and then click activate.
- If you are using a Mac your browser might uncompress the theme folder, if that happens then you need to right click the folder and click ‘Compress’ before uploading .
- If you get the error upload_max_filesize in php.ini then you will need to contact your hosting company and ask them t increase the max upload filesize in php.ini, the full error message looks like this: The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.